I like my Android phone a lot. I almost always use it to read tweets, email and follow blogs on Google Reader. As good as the 4 inch Super AMOLED screen is, sometimes I like to read longer articles on my PC. I usually send an email to myself using the share feature most apps in Android have. It works but is kind of cumbersome. I was looking for apps to share links to sites like Read It Later or InstaPaper. They did not have good support for Android. I created an app for Read It Later some time ago. Since the APIs were so similar I created and app for Instapaper too.
Droid Save IP is a tool to save links to Instapaper.
1. Added offline capability. If there is no internet connection the URLs are saved locally and then sent to Read It Later when connection is back.
2. Added support for special characters in passwords like ”<”, “|”.
3. Added support for accounts without password.
1. Fix force close when sharing text with no URLs.
1. Mathces all features of Droid Save.
1. Shows up in the share actions when you share something from your twitter client, browser…
2. When you select “Droid Save IP”, the first time it prompts for the Instapaper credentials.
3. Once your credentials are validated and on subsequent uses it will either save the URL without further prompts or show a list of URLs if the shared text has multiple URLs. Selecting one saves it to Instapaper.
The Software comes “as is”, with no warranties. None whatsoever. This means no express, implied or statutory warranty, including without limitation, warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or any warranty of title or non-infringement.